Question Laptop not charging

Apr 26, 2020
So my laptop had an issue after a power surge and would sit at 255% and needed to stay plugged in. The battery icon continuously goes between charging and not charging. When I restart the laptop I must wait a about 5 minutes before attempting to turn it on and after it has turned on my screen flashes on and off telling me low battery so I close it for a few hours and come back and the warning goes away but the battery icon does not stop flashing. I've recently replaced the battery and charging cable and reinstalled my drivers but nothing has seemed to work. The difference between the old and new battery is that the old battery read 255% and this new battery did read 50% but now says 0% since it won't charge. I was hoping somebody would be able to help me. Thank you!

That 255% was probably pointing to a dying power block. You could buy a replacement on eBay by searching for the laptop's make and model. Expect to buy good money because the cheap ones might be Chinese clones which have been known to cause fires.

When it arrives, check the Amperage and Wattage figures match your existing one so long as that came with the laptop.

Apr 26, 2020
That 255% was probably pointing to a dying power block. You could buy a replacement on eBay by searching for the laptop's make and model. Expect to buy good money because the cheap ones might be Chinese clones which have been known to cause fires.

When it arrives, check the Amperage and Wattage figures match your existing one so long as that came with the laptop.
Where I said I replaced the charging cable I meant the whole thing including a new brick and yes the amperage and wattage matches. It still didn't fix the problem