Laptop Not Recognizing New Battery Properly

BUBAA55

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
I appreciate any help!

I recently replaced an internal battery on my ASUS R510DP because of a "plugged in, not charging" issue after a few years of life.

I had a professional remove the battery and I was able to order an identical product to the battery that was in my system. I had this new one input and while my computer works, it has a very difficult time recognizing the correct battery percentage.

- Often it will be stuck at 100% up until it just shuts off because the laptop doesnt know to tell me its at low battery.

- Other times it won't go any higher than 25% even though its fully charged.

This keeps me in a guessing game about how long to leave my laptop off the charger and hoping that it wont randomly shut off in that time.

Anyone have any tips or ideas to fix? Thanks for your time.

Solution
It's not inherently difficult if know how to pull apart the laptop. Try this instead, go into the bios and reset to the default configuration. Also if you enter device manager, and disable and enable the battery controller and scan for new devices, good luck

BUBAA55

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

It seemed to be a 3rd party. But again, this was the duplicate product (same product number) to what we took out of the system.

And no I did not clear cmos. Is this a difficult process?

aparnell572

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
It's not inherently difficult if know how to pull apart the laptop. Try this instead, go into the bios and reset to the default configuration. Also if you enter device manager, and disable and enable the battery controller and scan for new devices, good luck

Solution

BUBAA55

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

I've tried doing this with the device manager before, but I will attempt to reset the bios and see if that helps. Thank you for your assistance friend :)