Laptop not turning off

Nov 20, 2018
TL;DR: I'm trying to shut my laptop off, power button doesn't respond at all, screen is black, can't remove the battery.

So I got a Dell laptop running w10, I was recently playing fallout 4 which seemingly has a known issue which causes the keyboard to stop responding. After a quick search, the best fix to the issue is to close Steam or restart your computer. Playing on a laptop means that I can't just unplug it and I'm good, I had to fidget with the trackpad for a good while trying to get the main windows menu where my mouse worked and I could select the shut down option. Clicked shut down, saw how a few programs closed 1 by 1 and thought I had it fixed. Wrong. Now I'm stuck on a black screen, the power button's light is still on and I can distinctly hear the fan on the laptop being on. It's not making any beeping or anything else, it's just there. Already tried holding the power button down about a minute with no response, already unplugged it but since it's a laptop with an integrated battery that didn't work, and tried flashing a light on it to make sure the screen was actually off (it is).

And that's where I'm at, a laptop with an unresponsive keyboard that won't turn off. Any other steps you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Solution
You will then either have to remove the battery (yes I know they are complex to get to in some devices, but they can be removed) or wait for it to run out of power.