UrgentHelpNeeded

Estimable
Jul 11, 2015
Hey All,

So I'm running an Asus G-55VW... I run it without a battery, on direct power (for various reasons). Anyway it was working fine, until it quite suddenly just went off. I tried booting it again, and it didn't work. All that happened was the backlit power button light up a little. (Brightness of 4, on a scale of 1-10)

Now usually on start up, all the backlit keys light up and the monitor comes on. None of that happens now. Just the Power button lighting up, that 4 on 10 brightness, and nothing else. The monitor remains off.

I have 2 chargers for the laptop, and tested both, and both are working fine. So the laptop receives the power, but isn't able to use it.

I'm certain it's a hardware issue. I'm really worried the motherboard is fried. Any idea how I check? And if it is fried, is there any way I can retrieve data from the laptop?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hello UrgentHelpNeeded

It looks there is problem with the power unit.

To be sure, if possible, can you check if the laptop is able to power on when running only on battery?

If it works on battery, you may need to take the laptop to an authorized service center and get it repaired by an authorized service technician.

Hope this helps.
Hello UrgentHelpNeeded

It looks there is problem with the power unit.

To be sure, if possible, can you check if the laptop is able to power on when running only on battery?

If it works on battery, you may need to take the laptop to an authorized service center and get it repaired by an authorized service technician.

Hope this helps.

Solution