Laptop not turning on

Priya_16

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017
When i plug my charger in Dell laptop the green light on laptop turns off and laptop not working?
Will i lose all data in my laptop?

Solution
Well no matter if charges or not the info is still on the hard drive, so that isn't lost unless the drive is damaged in some way. You need to figure out if it is a bad battery, bad charger cord or something else causing it not to turn on.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Priya_16 : "I have the same problem so tensed. Will all data in laptop get lost?"

Well no matter if charges or not the info is still on the hard drive, so that isn't lost unless the drive is damaged in some way. You need to figure out if it is a bad battery, bad charger cord or something else causing it not to turn on.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS