Laptop not turning on

PalmtopTiger

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
Laptop model ASUS K43S

Symptoms:

• Screen doesn't turn on
    Fan doesn't work
    Keyboard doesn't work(tried pressing capslock to check indicator lights)
    Mouse LED doesn't light up(I'm guessing ports are off as well)
The indicator lights do work though, when I press the power button, power indicator lights up to yelow green(no orange led flashes of some sort)

Anyone can tell me what might be the problem? It's a 4 year old laptop and have expired warranty. Just thinking if I can fix it. Just yesterday the laptop is still working but now it's dead aside from the indicator lights.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving that issue.
- Do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the battery and see if the laptop will boot up.
- If it doesn't boot up test an external monitor first and see if you'll see any display from it.
- Next is reseat the RAM, take them off the laptop or couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly into each slots.
- Lastly, try another AC adapter that has the same voltage with yours and see if it would solve the problem
- If all these troubleshooting steps won't work the motherboard will be your suspect.

PalmtopTiger

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015

Aside from the motherboard, can there be any other reasons behind it? Such as the power supply?