chaos999

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Just bought a laptop

HP 15-d103TX Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches Screen- DOS- 2 GB Graphics)

Installing Windows 7, at the end of setup, when windows shows PREPARING YOUR DESKTOP, it automatically goes to SHUTTING DOWN.
After that laptop restarts and gets stuck after the HP logo with dos screen and a blinking cursor.

I tried to re install the OS three times but the same thing happens each time.

Can't detect problem

Solution
After it does the shut down thing and it reboot, boot back into windows 7 setup with the disc. Instead of "install windows" choose "repair your computer", at the recovery console along the top it will tell you the drive letter of your OS, usually C or D, then choose "command prompt", enter "C:" (no quotes) or "D:" (depending on your drive letter) and hit enter. Now enter "bootrec.exe /fixboot" hit enter then "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" See if that helps.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
After it does the shut down thing and it reboot, boot back into windows 7 setup with the disc. Instead of "install windows" choose "repair your computer", at the recovery console along the top it will tell you the drive letter of your OS, usually C or D, then choose "command prompt", enter "C:" (no quotes) or "D:" (depending on your drive letter) and hit enter. Now enter "bootrec.exe /fixboot" hit enter then "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" See if that helps.

Solution

faalin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
have you tried a different disc to see if that might be the problem? Had a win xp disc that would give errors on a fresh install the first time, do a install format the install again and everything would be fine. Finally pitched the disc and used a different one since it was stupid to intsall twice to get a good os.

chaos999

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

It comes without OS, just DOS... So no secure boot issue....

chaos999

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013

Yes, it did work...

Unfortunately, formatting it again causes problem again.
And my recovery console doesnt seem to work for Win 7 64 bit, but works on 32 bit...