Laptop plugged in but does not turn on

Melody_10

Prominent
Jun 20, 2017
Hi! My Accer laptop is already 6 years old. Its battery became faulty about three years ago so I learned to use it without the battery by just having the power cord plugged in. A year ago, when plugged in it just turns on without me pressing the power. And just today it wont turn on. I tried changing the power cord but no use doesnt turn on anymore. With all that said, is it possible for my laptop to be fixed? Cause I don't have a backup of the files which is really bad for me. Any suggestions???

Solution
You probably need a new motherboard. If you just want to get the files from it you can remove the hard drive and use an external USB enclosure to copy those to another system. You need to make backups, if your hard drive dies, you lose your files. You are lucky something else went bad since the hard drive is one of the main failures in computers.
You probably need a new motherboard. If you just want to get the files from it you can remove the hard drive and use an external USB enclosure to copy those to another system. You need to make backups, if your hard drive dies, you lose your files. You are lucky something else went bad since the hard drive is one of the main failures in computers.

Solution