Solved! Laptop poor performance while plugged in

arijustreinys

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Hi,

I searched whole day for solution, but nothing seem to fix the problem. I get low fps on games while I plug the charger to my laptop ...

I used to have this problem, but I fixed it somehow by discharging the battery completely. Few days ago I updated both Nvidia and Intel drivers and this problem came back. In CS:GO for example, my fps drops hugely in smoke grenade and the mouse movement is so delayed, other games lag also, but when I take the charger out it runs smoothly instantly. I rolled back the drivers, but problem still persists, I even tried to discharge the battery. Checked all the battery and graphic card settings and everything seems ok, everything is at max performance. Charger is not old, original, 7.7A like it says on laptop. BIOS is up to date.

Laptop - HP Zbook G3 15
CPU - Intel i7-6700hq
GPU - Nvidia Quadro M1000M 2GB
Ram - 8GB

EDIT: Day 2, it's probably my Nvidia gpu problem, because if I switch to integrated Intel HD, games run the same with or without charger. Trying all previous Nvidia drivers, nothing seems to help.

Thank you.

Solution
Fixed this randomly...

The solution is so stupid, i can't believe I spent 3 days for it.

Just left my laptop on sleep while charging, came back, turn on and it worked.
You can insert, remove the charger everything stays the same, this fix reminds me the same battery discharge thing I did previously first time. I hope it stays the same and the problem won't come back.

arijustreinys

Prominent
Jan 14, 2018
Fixed this randomly...

The solution is so stupid, i can't believe I spent 3 days for it.

Just left my laptop on sleep while charging, came back, turn on and it worked.
You can insert, remove the charger everything stays the same, this fix reminds me the same battery discharge thing I did previously first time. I hope it stays the same and the problem won't come back.

Solution
Jan 8, 2019

Wait, so to solve this problem, one just has to leave the laptop sleeping while charging, and after that, if you plug in and play, the problem will be gone?