Solved! Laptop Power Issue - Toshiba Satellite P875-7200

Aug 27, 2018
I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 laptop that was given to me by a friend. He says he bought it a week before it just kicked the bucket. He's super computer illiterate, so that's all I could get for details. From what I can tell, I think it's the motherboard, but before I shell out the funds for a new one, let's see if it's something else.
With the AC plug in and the battery in, the charging light is solid orange.
With the AC plug in and the battery out, the charging light is solid white.
No beeps. No fan. No power.
I tried a hard reset. No dice. I tried the whole "unplug it, take the battery out, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, put the battery back, plug it back in, hold power button for 30 seconds" thing. Also no dice.
I tried Toshiba's support website, which was as useless as them having a website.
I took the entire thing apart and checked that the power button was plugged in; it was. Everything looked fine.

So what do you think guys? New motherboard right? -.- It would make a nice art piece otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 27, 2018
Yeah, I did and no dice. Wasn't much of a pain to dissemble though, and a mobo is a lot cheaper than the whole laptop would have been... Thanks for the reply. I just needed one person to say that so I can order parts.... fun!