Laptop power light blinks once, won't turn on.

vessar33

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
So my laptop Asus N53SV was working fine, I shut it down and go to sleep. Next morning it mu won't turn on. No lights no signs of life at all. So this is what I have tried. First, I disassembled it, changed the power jack with a new one. Nothing happened. With or without battery. I unplugged hard drive, unplugged disk drive....I tried taking some ram out...i bought and changed CMOS battery...I checked everything of corrosion or anything abnormal and heated the board with a blow dryer. I unplugged the charger, took out battery, held the power button for 5min, put back the charger and battery. Also checked all the little plugs, everything seems fine. Now all this has changed one little thing. When I have battery connected and plug in the charger then the power light appears for half a second and disappears, nothing else. When battery is not inserted, no lights blinking...nothing at all. Oh and I also got my charger checked out by two PC repair places. SO, I have tried all the solutions I could find to get my laptop working again, but so far no luck. If anyone has a clue what could be the problem, please share. Thanks

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Are you sure they didnt mean blowing it with compressed air? The heat from a blow dryer is more likely to damage it. Of course if it's cool air it wouldn't. Some laptops may not work without a battery installed. The power input from the cord runs through the battery first, charging if needed and the battery works as a bbattery backup for when the power cord gets detached or loses power. Otherwise your system would shut off.