Laptop power on

shakeel1

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
My laptop fell off the bed now it takes about 5 seconds to power on. Can you tell me what might be the problem? It works fine but just takes abit longer to come on.

Solution
Please elaborate when you say it takes 5 seconds to power on?

You mean it takes 5 seconds for lights to come on when you turn it back on, takes 5 seconds for the display to illuminate, or what?
How long did it used to take?
Everything is working then, it just seems to take longer.

Now first of all this could be a perceived lag, just like people say they can "feel" the difference of an aftermarket air filter or that octane booster that did not even raise their gas from 87 to 88 octane.

Here are the two items that could cause an actual delay in startup due to a drop:
Bad HDD - you would hear clicking and/or it would be louder spinning up. This usually results in overall slower performance though.
Slight damage to motherboard - would cost $300-500 parts&labor to fix
Cable/add-on card became slightly unseated - this would require a disassembly of the laptop and going through all the cables. This is something not for the novice and would run you $50-150 depending on the shop (and frankly if the $50 shop has no qualifications I would be highly skeptical).

So bottom line, if that is the only problem the computer is having I would let it be.