I have a Dell e1705, about 2years old.
When i connect the charger just to a power socket
the green light on the charger comes on but when i plug the
the other end into the laptop the green light on the charger
goes off, I have taken the battery off the laptop and it still
does the same thing, and under both conditions the laptop will not
power up and no lights appear on it.
The only way i can get the light back on the charger is to unplug from
the laptop and wall socket and then just plug it back into the wall socket and the light appears.

I had recently put in a new videocard that i had to order from ebay since my old one died and the computer worked perfect for about a day....now this happened

Help!

Hi,

Have you done a hard reset with the laptop already? Remove the battery and AC adapter off the laptop then press and hold the power button for 20 secs then put everything back together and see if the laptop turns back on. May I also suggest that your AC adapter might be faulty already given that fact you stated that it happens even without the battery in the laptop. One more test you might want to do is to borrow or get another AC adapter same with yours and see if it does the same thing or do it the other way around and try your charger on to a different laptop where it's compatible with that way you can easily identify which one is really faulty.

Jay139

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I have the same problem ac adapter is fine tested it with a voltmeter. The store where the netbook was bought also tested it. I have take the battery out same result. It would be great if it was just the ac adapter. strange how the moment I plug it in the light goes out and the pc does not charge or turn on with or without the battery.
They told me at the store that the motherboard is bad at the story the first thing I can think of is changing the powerjack on the mobo.
I dissasembled the netbook (acer aspire 1410 as) the power jack looks perfectly fine I think I will need to desolder it to try another one.
I am going to get a better voltmeter to test the continuity of the jack too.
Any other suggestions ?
thanks