Laptop(preferably) but maybe a desktop.

drjuanitor

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Basically, im going off to college soon so im looking for something portable. Im into gaming, but ive never owned a gaming computer/laptop so i dont want to just drop a bunch of money on something im going to hate in the future. Ive looked alot on XoticPC, and their laptops seem pretty decent with the specs. Really, im looking for something that will play games like ARMAII and Skyrim at pretty good levels. Not Max, but high would be nice. To go off topic a little, IBuyPower recently announced a new mini desktop called the Revolt, and i was able to build one for 1000$ that had stuff that doubled most of their prebuilt computers they have. So if anyone could shed some light on that, that would be cool. My budget wont exceed probably 1500$. The more i can save the better. And yes i know its cheaper to build it yourself, but im lazy :kaola:
So either a decent laptop or some info on the Revolt by IBuyPower. Thanks guys.

zycuda

Honorable
Jan 12, 2013
a pc is much cheaper and more powerful than a laptop, I really think that a pc would be better, plus you can only upgrade some thungs in a laptop, and it would be better if you built your own computer.

drjuanitor

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

I already know this :p but like i said, i need something kind of portable. A latop is portable, and the Revolt is a small cased computer so you could say its portable.

evilsizer

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
I would recommend looking at some of the stats at Alienware for laptops. Then search around for a cheaper version of a laptop with similar stats. Here's a link to get you started. http://www.alienware.com/Landings/laptops.aspx Not suggesting Alienware, only using them as an example. Check out Newegg for a good comparable laptop. I really recommend a laptop for school though. Games may not be as perfect as with a desktop, but you'll be better off having the portability of the laptop.

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
If you really are in the market for a high performance laptop, then I would look at an OriginPC. The EON 15 or 11 equip'd with a quad core processor would be more than sufficient to play the games you're interested in.

I personally would recommend purchasing a netbook or tablet to use for note taking in class and build a desktop to play games while in your dorm. They do have portable towers but they're a little more expensive and can limit you in terms of what components you can use. If you just need to play while in your dorm room, then don't stress about the portability, just make sure to invest in the CPU/GPU.

TRENDING THREADS