Laptop Problem: No BIOS/Toshiba LOGO pop up, Black screen, Have a power on light, Fan is working, can EJECT DVD,

Sep 11, 2018
Hi good day!

I have a problem in my laptop - Toshiba Satellite C855D-S5104. I left it turn on at night, then in the morning when I check the laptop it still power on yet the screen is BLACK. I power off and apply all the solutions like RESET, then nothing works, when I check, no beep, it has a POWER light on, no DISPLAY, no BIOS pop up or TOSHIBA logo, but the FAN still running and I can eject the DVD. I research its says RAM or GPU, IDK what exactly is the problem, hope u will help me to solve this. THANKS.

cin19

Distinguished
Try remove the cell battery first, then press the power button to draw the power. After that, put back the battery, and try boot the laptop.

What happens? If you still have the same problem, then shut down the laptop. Open the case to remove the RAM, then boot the laptop without the RAM. If the laptop can boot without RAM, keep in mind, it will not pass the POST screen, you will get no RAM error, that means the RAM has problem. How to remove the RAM, check out the youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1yuGriEfNM Also you can try remove the HDD in the same way to see the HDD has problem or not too.

Sep 11, 2018

REPLY: I did what you said, but still no BOOT/BIOS/Toshiba logo is display every time I power on. I remove the cell battery as you said, then power off ( for about 1 minute) then turn on but still no BOOT/BIOS/Toshiba logo is displayed. I also did the same to the RAM and HDD, still no good results. I also try inserting my RAM to other laptop with same DDR-3 spec, and yet, the laptop did not display a BIOS/logo my laptop. The HDD functional well because I used it as a external drive. I also do the Fn + F8, windows + P and etc... thing, and yet no good results, still my laptop is black screen, I also connect to external display and it say " not connected". Can you help me. I really don't know the solution of this. Pls.