Laptop processor upgrade

May 16, 2018
Okay so I understand that most laptop processes cannot be upgraded, but I was wondering if it is still not possible in my case I currently have an AMD A8 3500 m series processor and I want to upgrade to a AMD A10-5750M processor, so I would be going from 1.5 GHz to 2.5GHz

My laptop is a HP pavilion dv6
I have included the link that I used to compare the two processors
click me

Thank you
Zack

Solution
I'm a fan of processor upgrades but I'm concerned about this one.

The A8 uses a FS1 but ... the A10 uses a FS1r2 socket. My understanding is that these should be considered totally different sockets and ... processors can not be swapped from one to the other. I've never tried however so ... this could be wrong. If you go ahead and try it ... let us know.

I use that A10 processor on quite a few of my upgrades ... you will like it if it works!

robert600

Distinguished
I'm a fan of processor upgrades but I'm concerned about this one.

The A8 uses a FS1 but ... the A10 uses a FS1r2 socket. My understanding is that these should be considered totally different sockets and ... processors can not be swapped from one to the other. I've never tried however so ... this could be wrong. If you go ahead and try it ... let us know.

I use that A10 processor on quite a few of my upgrades ... you will like it if it works!

Solution