Laptop ram upgrade black screen

Cofetaru

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
Hello guys. I ve upgraded my laptop acer e1-572 to 6gb because i gave 4 gb to my cousin. Laptop cames with 6gb . But i ordered new 1 of 2gb and 1 of 4 gb . I put them and black screen pop up. No beep nothing. I put the old 2 gb back same black screen... What s wrong ?

Cofetaru

Estimable
Jun 4, 2015
It worked with my old Ram. But my old one is 2gb 800mhz. If i put only the new one which buyer says it's 4gb 1600mhz laptop won t turn on it stays with black screen.. But i opened with cpuz and it show same mhz at the 4gb. 800 mhz instead 1600? It my be because i have the 2gb at 800mhz?
Should i sell the 4gb at 1600mhz and buy otherone for 800 mhz? :-??
But my laptop says 5-20% cpu usage and 50% ram usage for idle is that normal?:/

800 is the actual I/0 bus clock speed in MHz; that's correct. Most people get the clock speed confused with the data rate (which is always advertised in MHz, but the data rate is actually in MT/s - or megatransfers per second). The confusion is really the fault of how the memory is advertised.

ANYWAY

Are you sure your system supports 4 GB modules? And one other compatibility thing to check: Is it high density or low density memory (and which does your laptop support)?

Your CPU usage seems fairly normal for idle (0% would be better, but if you have a lot of programs installed, 5% - 20% is not uncommon). Your RAM usage for idle is a little high, but then again, it's only 2 GB. Windows caches some of that RAM and your programs in the background are probably eating up some of it too.