Laptop Randomly Freezes

nohwaimatt

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
Just yesterday I've been having this irritating and tedious problem with my laptop. Every 30 minutes or even when I try to sign into Windows, my laptop has been freezing, and it's getting to the point where I want to just throw it out and buy a new one. When the laptop goes into its freezing stage, the monitor is still running, but my mouse or touchpad won't respond and keyboard does not work. Basically, everything is unresponsive. It got to the point that I have to press and hold the power button to restart my laptop.

I've retraced my steps when I am trying to figure out what's going on.
1. I torrented Undertale and I thought that was the problem. I deleted the torrent file and Undertale, the problem still continues.
2. I updated Skype and I thought that was the problem. Uninstalled Skype, problem still continues.

I've tried to find some solutions such as disabling Superfetch, Windows Search, and Background Intelligent Transfer, but my laptop continues to freeze. I thought to myself that it could be a malware or a virus, so I scanned my laptop with Avast and Malwarebytes, and nothing was found. I ran the windows memory diagnostic tool, but my laptop even freezes when I'm almost done with the test. I thought a good old system restore might be the trick. but nope, laptop has to freeze on it too. I'm about to be on the verge of just giving up right now, but this might be my best option here: write a thread to talk about my laptop problems. Here are my specs:

Lenovo G505 laptop
Windows 10
64 bit
Processor: AMD A-6 5200 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 2.00 GHz
Ram: 6GB (5.45 GB usable)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series

Any ideas how I should approach this?

Hi,

Please do test the laptop if it would also freeze in Safe Mode.
- While your laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it shows Advanced Boot Options, select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- Once loaded observe the laptop if it would still freeze.
- If it will not freeze it could be your antivirus software. Uninstall it and reboot your PC to the normal mode and see if again it will freeze or not.
- If all these will not work I would suggest running a factory reset with your laptop.