Laptop rebooting & black screen

exploder2013

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hey there. I have a problem with my laptop.

The laptop turns on and after about 3 seconds turns off and reboots (no output from screen). After it reboots it just shows black screen and that's it. Fans and power led is working and the CPU & GPU is warming up as well. Overall I think the problem is with the GPU because when playing it used to get very hot (about 100c°). I have tried warming GPU with hair dryer with no progress. I also have noticed that the CPU load led has also stopped working. I tried to connect the laptop to external monitor with no progress ( monitor just shows that there is no output from the cable ).

I would like to know is there any conclusion I can assume about what is dead & what not.

CPU: Pentium Dual Core 2.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Thanks.

SeanHaz

Estimable
Sep 19, 2014
Have you considered it being a software issue if so you could try downloading windows 7 and burning it to a disk and then install it but keep the old version of windows (fairly simple to do its the default option during setup). Then if that solves the problem you could simply transfer the files from "windows old" to you new one and then it should work fine.
If it doesnt work then its a hardware issue and you will need to buy new parts...It could also be possible (more likely if you built it yourself) that a part might not have been connected correctly and may have come out of place

Download link for windows 7:Windows 7

Is there a courser on your black screen or is it a completely blank black screen? I think I'll suggest letting it sit for about 24-48hrs to see if the graphics overtemp doesn't reset itself (if that is the issue), the temp sensors can take some time to reset. Was thermal compound and any thermal pads replaced with fresh?

exploder2013

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013

It's completely black screen, so software isn't at fault. The thermal compound & pads were replaced with thermal paste.