Laptop Rec - tired of getting burned

Jan 17, 2019
So I was a prior owner of a giant 17 inch ASUS ROG w/ 970m - needless to say this thing wasn't very portable, but it worked like a charm and I never had any issues with heat etc.

I recently just purchased a GS65 msi i7-8750 w/ 1070 maxq, and let's just say that while I appreciate what they are trying to do with this machine, I have come to the conclusion that no gamer should ever buy a thin laptop. I do pretty extended gaming sessions, and this thing turns into molten lava after a very short time. I understand that there are more heating issues with the new processors and graphics cards, especially being that my prior rig was 2 generations old at this point.

My question is, can someone recommend a high end gaming laptop that is well known for having good thermals? I will be buying a 2080 rtx laptop when they drop at the end of January, so I understand that no one can predict the future. However, can someone tell me if one of the particular brands or builds is well known for running cool - or at minimum not sounding like you're sitting next to a jumbo jet while gaming (i'm looking at you gs65 cool booster). I would not like to purchase another thing laptop, I believe after several weeks of experimentation that this was a failed experiment, at least for me personally.

Thanks for the help everyone!

mahardikahandoko

Prominent
Apr 22, 2018
There are so many laptop brands that have good gaming laptop. Some brands that i know are:
1. Dell with Alienware series
2. Acer with Predator series
3. Asus with ROG series
4. MSI with gaming series
5. Gigabyte with Aero & Aorus series
6. Lenovo with Legion series
And many more

Measure your budget, choose what specs you need. All of that laptop has it's different naming cooling system but practically same things. (As far as i know)

Ofc you'll get thermal issues on gaming laptop. It's common for a gaming laptop because even a best gaming laptop has limited cooling system. You need a gaming PC if you play marathon gaming session. But you can try to get some laptop cooler to maximize your current cooling.