Laptop recently shutting down on low battery

Jan 30, 2017
My Acer Aspire V (Windows 8) used to show two notifications when the battery was at 10% and 7%. Recently it started just shutting down without warning. It won't turn on until I plug in the laptop, and then the battery shows 14%-18%.
Is the battery beginning to deteriorate?
Or is my laptop overheating? The fan has a tendency to run really fast and loud. I'm not sure which of these two problems could be ..... the problem!

shanebell

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
Based on your description of the issue, the problem seems to lie within the Battery of the laptop. There are cases where the fan could cause a concern but not in this case. Acer batteries tend to give that specific problem.

Replace the laptop battery and you should be fine.

Jan 30, 2017

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately, however, this laptop does not have a removable battery! Would it still be able to get fixed / changed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ryancloete Laptop General Discussion 3
jxx Laptop General Discussion 2
D Laptop General Discussion 5
X Laptop General Discussion 3
H Laptop General Discussion 1
weisr Laptop General Discussion 4
Jay112 Laptop General Discussion 0
R Laptop General Discussion 0
J Laptop General Discussion 1
Saad Nisar Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 3
N Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1
1 Laptop General Discussion 3
J Laptop General Discussion 2
F Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
Similar threads
Question Water splash on Keyboard, but laptop still works, is it permanently damaged?
Question How to prevent laptop from overheating.
Question Looking for a software to make laptop photo presentations
Question Begging for help in choosing laptop!! (Asus M16 vs Omen 16)
Question Need to extract data from Logical partition of hard disk
Question Laptop for gaming / graphic design
Question Hi. I want to buy a gaming laptop...so far my choices are between Asus tuf f15/a15 or Msi gf63
Question About iGPU power setting in Optimus laptop
Question Budget laptop for an Electrical Engineering Student?
Question My laptop doesn't turn on after applying thermal paste.
Question Dell Precision series 7xxx (7510) - Recent experience tuning performance - Optimus, NVidia Graphics, Drivers, General System Responsiveness (Latency)
Question HP Laptop with two monitors
Hi there. What charger us needed for a 100s lenovo ideapad laptop charger.. i brought 1 recently.. but the charge port end is
Solved! Recently I lost my original Lenovo bettery .one of my is exchanged .I don't have any proof..so how to my battery serial number
I use Lenovo thinkpad IBM laptop. But recently the screen has been freezing but the everything will be working only the scree
I have Dell i3 core laptop with window 10 recently bought but the problem I'm having is it is not connectung with headphones o
I recently downloaded steam onto my Acer laptop and whenever I go to download any game it says Microsoft Edge instead. How can
Solved! I have an acer laptop. Recently the orange charger light has been blinking. So now my laptop can't charge and I can't take it
Advice on refurbished Thinkpad T420 Vs Recent budget laptops sub 200GBP range
recently i have wiped my laptop with a damp cloth on the keyboard but when i powered it keyboard keys was not working anymore

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS