Laptop recommendations for college. Long battery life preferred.

AlphaOmegaX

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Hey guys, I figure some of you may know of some really great laptops out there that are great on battery life. Looking to get a new one for school this semester. Budget of around 1000. Less is better and willing to go over maybe to 1200 but would rather not.

The only options I'm considering right now are a macbook pro or air. However, I am a PC fanboy and am more than open to a windows system. Already have a powerful desktop so gaming is not necessary. Looking for pure battery life w/performance. Thanks in advance!

AlphaOmegaX

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008

USA

Newegg / Best Buy / Tiger Direct etc.

I have no issues with shipping and don't need a brick and mortar store. Thanks :)

AlphaOmegaX

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008

Honestly it doesn't matter to me. However, lugging around a heavy laptop for 12 hours (that's one of my days during the week at school) would get annoying. So I guess I'll add the relatively light laptop/ultrabook to the requirements.

Thanks for the two suggestions Shneiky. Hopefully some more come in so I have a decent pool to compare around. I don't know much of anything about laptops. The last one I bought was a low/mid range gaming one a few years ago.