Solved! Laptop reporting incorrect battery life (Toshiba Sattellite)

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I have a fairly current model Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7 Home Premium and, after two reformats - including the one that I just did on Friday, it still doesn't report it correctly. I have the extended battery which is rated at 5+ hours. Now some times, when it's fully charged, it will report battery life at 3 hours, 25 minutes. But if that were true, when it gets past the <50% mark, it will report battery life at 1 hr, 53 minutes. And then it will occasionally report at 1 hr, 02 minutes, showing the same percentage. Now I cannot gauge when the battery is going to run out because of this, and I've been playing around with the settings in Windows for days trying to figure something out, can someone help me here?

Solution
Battery life can be different for different users due to a wide variety of factors. See if Toshiba has specs on how they tested for battery life, I bet you'll find something like they turned the monitor brightness and contrast all the way down, wifi was turned off blah blah blah blah blah. Even room temperature can affect battery life.

bob100684

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Battery life can be different for different users due to a wide variety of factors. See if Toshiba has specs on how they tested for battery life, I bet you'll find something like they turned the monitor brightness and contrast all the way down, wifi was turned off blah blah blah blah blah. Even room temperature can affect battery life.

Solution