Laptop restarting the UI after a minute of freezing.

mahan201

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Hi
I've had my Asus ROG GL552VX for about 2 months now and since the day one I've had an issue that wasn't bothering me much but still needs to be checked. i thought id ask here if its a software problem before taking it to the store. Well the real problem is that every once in a while, i think when too much pressure is put on my computer it slows down to the point where the mouse doesn't move. Media still plays and if something like YouTube is one it still plays without a problem. After like a minute of the mouse freeze and not being able to switch windows using Alt + Tab the desktop and task bar restarts. As if you restart Windows explorer from the Task Manager. its been bothering me and once my laptop completely froze even though i left it without anything open and i came back only to see nothing working and the clock being minutes behind. I just wanted to know if its a software problem or hardware.
Thanks

Specs:
Intel Core I7-6700 HQ
64-bit windows 10
8GB RAM
NVidia Geforce GTX 950m 2gb

Solution
You can check the system for any malicious software, which could cause some of your issues, but if that isn't the case, then there may well be hardware issues, and those should be looked at by the place you go it from or the manufacturer.
Well if it was just slowing down during usage, even when you step away, I would say check to see what may be running that you don't know about, or even loading on boot that you may not have noticed.

However, that said, the issue of the clock also stopping is very odd. In that case I would, since it is that new, take it in to where purchased or to the manufacturers repair people and have it looked at or replaced.

mahan201

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016

well if you just open file explorer and open task manager and restart it, that's what it looks like when i say it restarts. but the only difference is that my keyboard and mouse barely work for a short period of time. could this be that file explorer is not responding? when I'm on YouTube the video doesn't slow down or not respond. it runs perfectly and audio as well. i don't know what the exact problem is. i hope its not any hardware issue