Laptop screen bad and not detecting external monitor

babiola777

Commendable
Apr 21, 2016
I have a Hp g60 235dx notebook which came with windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10. The screen went bad so I had it hooked up to a Dell external monitor through a VGA cable. Everything was working fine until few days back. It would not let me connect to the internet at all. The wifi slide button automatically jumps to "Off" by itself no matter how much I try to slide to "On". I assumed it must be the Windows 10 update which must have screwed the drivers, so I ran Driver pack solution and installed all the recommended drivers. It installed bunch of stuffs and stopped. At the bottom it was written, you must restart the computer . So I thought it as done and restarted the computer. Now, it does not detect the external monitor at all. I tried to do a hard reset and the HP logo came on the laptop screen. After some time it went blank. I can see the power light is on and it makes some sound. I guess the laptop is working, but since the screen has gone bad and the external monitor is not being detected, I don't know what i should do. Is it the problem with the external monitor or the vga cable? Is there anything i can do about this problem? your help will be much appreciated. Thank you in advance and have a nice day :)