Laptop screen Black when Video/Audio plays

adamjohnstone8

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
I have recently been having some issues with my Laptop screen. At first it would black screen upon startup (after windows logo) and the laptop screen would only turn on once connected to an external monitor. This part of the issue has cleared up for the most part. However, If I attempt to play any audio or video files that are either stored on my laptop or on a website like YouTube, the laptop screen then turns black. The only way to get it back is to connect it to an external monitor and close the tab or Video/Audio file. After that, about 10 seconds later the laptop screen will then return to normal. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be or what I could do to solve the issue?
I should also add that the Laptop runs normally when in safe mode and can view YouTube videos without any issue to the screen.
Thanks for you time.

Solution
Hi,

The problem may lie in the graphics card driver. Do a clean install of the graphics card driver, here's the complete guide on how to do the clean install of the graphics driver.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Once installed reboot your laptop then test it again. If it will continue happening do check the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard and make sure it's seated properly because if it is that means the display is already failing.
Hi,

The problem may lie in the graphics card driver. Do a clean install of the graphics card driver, here's the complete guide on how to do the clean install of the graphics driver.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Once installed reboot your laptop then test it again. If it will continue happening do check the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard and make sure it's seated properly because if it is that means the display is already failing.

Solution