Im currently helping my god mother with connecting her lap top to her tv with hmdi. I know a decent amount about computers but by mistake clicked for the image to display only on driver/monitor 2. I could change this back exept for its not coming up on the tv either now.... I can unplug the cable and the screen works again on the lap top but i dont know how to revert the settings while the hdmi isnt plugged in...
Please do try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- In Device Manager uninstall the graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- Once done reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.