Laptop Screen Broken won't display on external monitor

Dorky_boy

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
So I recently got a laptop from my older brother with a broken screen I plugged it into the TV and it worked perfectly fine so I reset it (As it was my older brothers it had files i didn't want or need) but now when I plug it in it will not connect I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that it need to be set up and configured since it was just reset but I can do that if I can't see the screen I have tried to turn it on then immediately close the lid but that but that didn't work and I also tried to use fn+f4 which also didn't work is there a way to force the computer to use the TV other than those two options

Solution
Not that I know of, but you 'should' be able to plug a vga monitor into it and it show, no guarantee some work that way off the boot, some don't. If it does, then you will be able to install video card drivers, and setup external display for the TV.

Ck1_13

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Not that I know of, but you 'should' be able to plug a vga monitor into it and it show, no guarantee some work that way off the boot, some don't. If it does, then you will be able to install video card drivers, and setup external display for the TV.

Solution