My laptop screen continuously flickers when there is black on the screen. Stripes of various different colours also tend to fill the screen. I'm not sure what I've done but it wont stop. When I'm on a darker screen it tends to dim and flicker itself.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the GPU and the display.
- Connect an external monitor and see if the same problem will happen to it.
- If the display is normal on the external monitor that could only mean that the problem is the built in display.
- Do try to open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- If it will still not work then replacing the LCD would be the only solution.
- But if the display problem will be the same with the external monitor that could mean that the problem is with the GPU.
- Try doing a clean install of the GPU driver first and see if that will help.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once uninstalled, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http/www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed then test it again.
- If it will still not work then a repair is required.