Solved! Laptop screen goes black after power supply plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2019
My toshiba M840 screen instantly goes black if power supply plugged in and would never turn on back. I've tried many method but none of that work , the screen goes black even in the save mode and I think it either the power supply problem or my motherboard. I hope I can find my solution here.

P.s sorry for my english

Reactions: oolsols
Solution
I see. So then pulling the plug doesn't make it come back on again, you must shut it off, remove the plug and then boot the laptop.

I would suggest you have it looked at then. It seems rather odd, like a short, but where I am not sure.
If it only goes black when you plug in the charger, I would go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options". Next to the plan that is currently selected click "Change Plan Settings". Now click "Change Advanced Power Settings".

In here you want to check the options for the display and to be honest all the other settings, to make sure it isn't set to turn off the display when charging. Once you are done making changes click "Apply" and then "OK" and reboot the computer (turn it off and back on). See if this resolves the issue.

Jan 3, 2019
Already done that but still the same. As soon as the power plugged it turns black.

I forgot to say this but one day when the laptop is still okay I used it while using on it with charger on for about an hour suddenly it instantly shut down.

Thanks for any upcoming solution.

Reactions: oolsols
Jan 3, 2019

The laptop is still on but the screen is total black and once it's turn black there is no other way to turn it on back except shut it down

Jan 3, 2019

If it a short can it be repaired or I need to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.