My laptop screen goes on and off at random times. It is especially bad when it is charging. I had my laptop plugged into my tv with an HDMI cable and even though the laptop screen was blacking out, the image on the tv screen was fine. Does anyone know how to fix this?
It seems like a hardware problem but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to the graphics card.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been installed then observe if the same problem will persist.
- If the same problem will persist but if using the external monitor the display is normal that could only mean that the problem is the built in display.
- Do open the laptop and check the ribbon cable that connects the display to the motherboard is properly seated. Remove both ends of the ribbon cable then plug it back in just to make sure it's seated properly.
- If all these will not work the only solution would be to replace the LCD.