Laptop screen has black and white lines

LittleRedReindeer

Commendable
Dec 20, 2016
So... I kinda made a huge mistake. My friend had just left my house, and my laptop was on the corner of my bed. Well I was getting up to do something, and I accidentally kicked my laptop off my bed.

So, fearfully I placed it on my desk and hit the power button, and of course it broke. When I turn it on it starts as a black screen with little lines down the left corner. Then after a few seconds of that, it switches to black and white horizontal lines on the entire screen with chunks of black separating them. And they tend to go back and forth.

Here's an example of the lines.
2rcam4p.jpg

There doesn't appear to be any visible, physical damage to the screen itself, but could the things inside of the screen gotten crushed?

My dad has actually cracked the screen before about 4 or 5 years ago I think, but I don't remember how it behaved when that happened. We recently just repaired the screen and everything was back to normal.

Could possibly the age contribute to this? Or is it just solely the fact that I was an idiot and basically dropped it?

Also, is it something wrong with the screen or is it an internal issue? I really don't want to waste the money if I can just by and replace the screen, which I've done before, but if it's something without the computer I may just take it to a professional.

Any help or thoughts would be amazing. Thank you so much!