Laptop screen is breaking all the time, any good sturdy laptop recommendations?

jistyle

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
Hello all, I have a problem with all of my laptops (or myself).

Every time I own a laptop, the screen breaks within a few months.

I first thought that I'm just a very unlucky person, ending up with bad hardware, but now I'm starting to think it is me.

I've owned a high end samsung laptop, then two hp envy series laptops, recently had the new spectre x360 by hp, and just until today an Acer V15.

I think I have owned laptops in various price brackets ranging several OEMs, but they all end up with a broken LCD. It's not the display is cracking or anything, either the laptop screen just starts to flicker like crazy or straight up dies with only a white backlight working. I've bought myself a dedicated laptop bag last year, but after I broke two laptops just this year, I was wondering if there are any sturdy laptops. I've been looking into the lenovo ThinkPad, as it seems to be advertised as military grade.

The only thing I'm worried about is the weight of the machine, because maybe I'm unconsciously throwing my bag around too much so a heavy laptop's monitor is easily being broken.

Currently I have decided to buy LCD parts online and do a DIY repair, but I was wondering if there were any sturdy AND light laptops that hopefully actually makes it through an year?

Thanks!

Solution
Lenovo T models with an s at the end are lighter than the standard and are built to same specs. X series are smaller also than the T. It sure sounds like you need to treat your equipment better though, don't toss the thing around like it's a brick. Sounds like you are yanking the screen connections loose. Open it carefully, don't carry it by the screen, don't slam it shut and toss it in a bag with books and other things that can bang into it.
Lenovo T models with an s at the end are lighter than the standard and are built to same specs. X series are smaller also than the T. It sure sounds like you need to treat your equipment better though, don't toss the thing around like it's a brick. Sounds like you are yanking the screen connections loose. Open it carefully, don't carry it by the screen, don't slam it shut and toss it in a bag with books and other things that can bang into it.

Solution