Laptop Screen is very dim & vga output is working

MTOPALOGLU

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
my laptop screen very dark, but i can see some text & images on the screen. VGA output is working. i bought a new screen. new&old lcd screen is working on another laptop. i need Help for my problem. "sorry for bad English translation"

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I'm not sure on your model or anything but it sounds like the screen inverter. Your LCD should connect to a small cable which goes via a small circuit board before going into the motherboard. For example on my Dell it's attached just under the LCD screen on the lid. Try googling laptop LCD inverter for a possibly better description!

MTOPALOGLU

Honorable
Dec 27, 2013
I replace the screen. I think its not inverter or florasan problem. maybe cable or motherboard problem? But i could not find lcd cable any where.

laptop model : fujitsu siemens lifebook ah530

Dazzler22

Estimable
Feb 28, 2014
did you find an answer to this? I have the exact same issue, a Lifebook AH530, screen was dim with no backlight, replaced the screen with a new one and i have the same issue still,

wondering what next to check, this is an LCD screen so it does not have an inverter....

Any ideas?

Poprin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
What makes you say that your LCD screen does not have an inverter??

HTML:
http://dbick.com/Fujitsu/Laptop-Inverter-For-Fujitsu-Lifebook-AH530-AH530-1B.html

car1jones

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Maybe a shot in dark but I have had this a few times with different laptops
Try cleaning out where the lid latches go into on the palmrest if this is the correct model - they fill with dust and it can make the laptop think that the lid is closed - automatically dimming the screen

Like I say shot in the dark but has worked for me a few times

Failing that change the invertor or the screen cable