Laptop Screen Not Displaying after connecting to External Monitor

Jul 10, 2018
Lately I've been using my laptop hooked up to an external monitor (HP w17e) via an HDMI adapter to my laptop's (Dell Inspiron 7567) HDMI port. Recently I wanted to use my laptop's screen again, but it won't display anything in windows. After restarting it I know the display itself isn't faulty because the dell logo appears on startup and I'm able to view the bios, but after trying to boot into Windows 10 the screen doesn't display anything. This is also true if I try to duplicate the display or extend it from my external monitor, the only image that shows up is on the external monitor (the external monitor still works perfectly fine). The monitor is detected in the windows settings, but I can't change resolution, orientation, or set it as my main display, and it says "display 1 isn't active" under advanced settings. It also says it's running off of my integrated graphics, not my 1050 ti, and in nvidia control panel the laptop display isn't detected at all. Plz Help :(

Solution
First select dual display in your display device option. Then try plug in another moniter. When displays shows in both video divices then you can easily manage which screen you want turned on
Jul 14, 2018
First select dual display in your display device option. Then try plug in another moniter. When displays shows in both video divices then you can easily manage which screen you want turned on

Solution