Laptop screen replacement questions

CodeKatana

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
I dropped my laptop and the screen is completely totaled. I can't see anything so I'm trying to fix it as soon as possible.

Doing some research my laptop seems to have a 40pin screen connector according to this website. Now I don't have $150 to spend so I'm looking at alternatives.

For some reason 16in screens seem to very expensive so I was thinking of going with a 15.6in screen that is at a reasonable price with a 40pin connector . I'm not sure of this will work which is my biggest concern. If there are small sides of blank space because it doesn't quite fit inside the screen space I'll be fine with it as long as it works.

The other solution I was thinking about is purchasing a 30pin 16in screen then purchasing something like this 40pin to 30pin converter . I'm not too sure exactly what this does and even if it does what I think it does which is essentially take the 30 pin from the screen and make it compatible with the 40 pin socket on my laptop.

Anyone have any experince replacing screens to let me know if any of these two options that I have looked at will work or not? Thanks

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
The problem you would have even if the cables would work is that the mounting brackets that secure the LCD to the plastic housing would not properly secure the smaller LCD - it would be loose.

CodeKatana

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015

Ah ok I'll probably go with a 16" then.

Do you think this screen will work?
It has this model number "LTN160AT06-U01" which leads to this website showing the same exact specs as the link I posted above with my original laptop specs.