Laptop screen turns white when I turn it on

Kevin Adea

Estimable
Apr 15, 2015
Recently, my screen would turn white about 20 seconds after I turn it on. The only fix I found was turning off the monitor for about 30 seconds, and then turning it back on; it would go back to normal for another 20 seconds, but this time, either it goes completely white or the screen messes up (mostly white but a few lines here and there). If it goes completely white, I re do the above steps until it just has a messed up screen, which I can usually fix.
When the screen is just messed up, I can occasionally fix it by holding my screen a certain way. As a note I usually have to use force by pushing the back of the monitor, sort of making it bend. It usually changes the place I have to push it and the power I have to use, but if I find the right spot it would get fixed. I have to however keep my hands placed like that for about a minute, before I let it go and have the screen work completely fine. If I let my hands go before it would go back to a white screen with some lines on it.
I try not to touch my monitor after it is fixed because I think that moving my screen and or touching it in any way can result in a white screen. Although it mostly turns white after I turn it on, it also sometimes randomly turns white while I am doing something (although do no move the monitor at all). As a note, my computer is working completely fine even with the white screen. If I was watching a video while the screen turned white, the video would still be playing and I could still hear it, except that I can't see anything because my screen is white.

From all these things I think it is probably a hardware problem. Perhaps a loose wire, or something of the sort, which would explain why the computer would turn white due to a physical touch. But I would like to get your opinion on what the problem could be, and how I could solve this. And whether I could solve this problem myself (such as opening up my laptop and doing something) or whether I should leave it to a professional.

Thanks.