Laptop Screen went black after just working moments ago, recently installing memory

ramman9

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015
Hello everyone, I couldn't find anything online or in the forums to help so I figured I ask now.

Currently I'm using an NBLB2 Mobo with 4gb Ram and Windows 10. After reading on Crucial it could go up to 8gb, I decided to order 2 sticks of 4gb. After inserting them, and turning on my computer, the laptop powered up, screen still working, and a windows error popping up after the bios passed stating Kernel_Security_Check_Failure

I decided to put back the old ram in and turn on but now all of a sudden my screen doesn't work. I can see small flickers of back-light but that's it, everything is black. I can plug into an external monitor and the computer shows up on it, but I can't find anything to make the laptop screen, which was just working fine a moment go, work.

I tried toggling the screen button with Fn/F3 as well as setting optimal defaults at the BIOS screen. I can't really find the CLR_CMOS stuff on the mobo though so I haven't done that.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE:

Using the Mobo Service Manual, I took apart the whole laptop, screen, mobo, everything. Probably should have just tried taking off the screen but after putting it all back together, the screen now works. Except, now there are blue fuzz scattered about the screen, only in areas that used to be black (including the startup screens). Since this only shows up on the LCD monitor and not the external, I figure it may be a bad connection to the monitor. I'll adjust the cables once more.

ramman9

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015
Pleased to say the Screen is fixed!

It appears that once I readjusted some of the connections from the monitor to the motherboard, everything powered up just fine and no blue. Not certain about the Kernel_Security_Check_Failure though