Solved! Laptop Screen Wont Come down

Apr 3, 2018
Hello There! So i have a issue with my laptop. When i was pulling monitor up and down over the years i accidentaly broke one of those things that hold it attached to the main part. Laptop is working fine but the screen part is not coming down. Left part comes down normally and right part is just like levitating 3 cm from main part. Should i take it to RadioShack to pay them to fix it or should i ask any handyman to help me?

Solution
Sounds like you've broken the hinge (ie the hinge is now only secured to the chassis and not the screen).

It may or may not be cost effective to repair and will depend on the specific laptop, it's age etc.

It's likely something you could do yourself, provided you identify the correct part. iFixit have a lot of teardowns of laptops, that would walk you through the "how" to do it.
Sounds like you've broken the hinge (ie the hinge is now only secured to the chassis and not the screen).

It may or may not be cost effective to repair and will depend on the specific laptop, it's age etc.

It's likely something you could do yourself, provided you identify the correct part. iFixit have a lot of teardowns of laptops, that would walk you through the "how" to do it.

Solution