Laptop shutdown battery beeping

porto0

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
I have a Lenovo y510p with a 170w charger. Since I got this charger it always made a sort of slight zzz sound especially when I game. Today I was gaming and all of a sudden my laptop shuts off. The charging LED has turned off and the laptop wont start even though the battery was fully charged. The charger beeps continuously only when plugged into the laptop. I have tried removing the battery and connecting the charger but the outcome was the same, no LED indications on laptop, no laptop function and beeping only when plugged in. Is my laptop fried or do I just need to replace this charger? Help ASAP as I need my laptop for studies. Thanks!

UPDATE: after letting my laptop sit for about 30 minutes without the charger it turned on and booted completely fine. I'm scared to plug my charger back in.

Hi,

Did your laptop came with SLI cars and 170w charger originally? There are 2 type of Lenovo y510p, one that has a single card with 120w charger and the other one is with SLI cars and 170w. I would suggest to check your AC adapter first and what your laptop really have as it's graphics card because it maybe damaged if your using the wrong charger.