Laptop shuts down a few minutes after closing the lid.

elleboi

Commendable
Feb 16, 2016
I have an ASUS G550 laptop, and recently it has started to shut down after a few minutes with the lid closed. I have it connected to an external monitor so i dont want that to happen. I have set the power options to do nothing when I close the lid, and I do not think it is overheating because it doesnt shut down when the laptop monitor is lit and it does not get warm.

Solution
Check for a BIOS update and power manager software update from ASUS support site. Look over the power options again to make sure you did not miss anything. Set the screen not to turn off also, or set a long time-out on the screen shutting off.
Hi,

Please do try changing some settings with Power Option that may solve the issue.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Check for a BIOS update and power manager software update from ASUS support site. Look over the power options again to make sure you did not miss anything. Set the screen not to turn off also, or set a long time-out on the screen shutting off.

Solution