Laptop shuts down at 0% battery (while plugging in charging)

Spuz_

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
My laptop is:

Fusion5
10.6" Full HD Laptop Computer Lapbook with Windows 10 Notebook PC, 1920*1080 IPS, Intel Quad-Core, 2GB RAM Lightest Laptop Computer.

Ordered from Amazon a week ago, works great, installed everything I want and blah blah.

Eventually I noticed that even when it's plugged into the mains, and goes down to 0% battery it shuts off. It charges fine also. It's kind off a pain as I thought it would run via the mains like my old laptop (at 0%). I really have no clue how to change it to ensure it stays on?

One thing I noticed is my old laptop powercable has a 'block' in the cabling while my new one is just a cable. Not sure if it's because of that..

Spuz_

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
I just changed the options in advanced battery options > critical battery function to do nothing while plugged in instead of shut down. Going to drain the battery to find out if this works. If anyone had anything to say meanwhile all is appreciated.

That video is for dead battery that doesn't Charge. My battery works fine. I just can't get laptop to work off mains so when it reaches 0% it shuts off. Hopefully what I did here works.

Spuz_

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Nope, cable is brand new. It detects Charge, and charges fine. Just when it hits 0 it turns off. I suspect it may be lower voltage than required to sustain laptop. I've contacted amazon so I guess it's just waiting for a new one to see if problem persists. I cant think of anything else that it can be.