Laptop shuts down during boot

Bango9

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Hi guys, i hope u can help me with this, i have my acer aspire 6920 and it suddenly started shutting off whenever i try to enter windows normally, if it doesnt shut off the screen goes all glitchy and stays like that, i can still enter windows in safe mode though, i tried installing another windows and linux, but it does the same, when loading the installer it glitches off or turns off.
It also wont turn on if the charger is plugged in, but if u turn it on and wait a little bit u can plug the charger and it goes ok.
im at a bind here, i hope you guys can help me

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- While loaded in Safe Mode try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Once done reboot your laptop and observe weather if it will load or not to the normal screen.
- If these doesn't work try performing System Restore from Safe Mode. Restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If all these will not work I would suggest running a complete factory reset because worst case if it factory reset will not solve the problem it can be a graphics card problem.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- While loaded in Safe Mode try to uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- Once done reboot your laptop and observe weather if it will load or not to the normal screen.
- If these doesn't work try performing System Restore from Safe Mode. Restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If all these will not work I would suggest running a complete factory reset because worst case if it factory reset will not solve the problem it can be a graphics card problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS