Laptop shuts down randomly on battery.

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Hi. I have a sager 6165 for about a year and a half and recently the laptop shuts down randomly on battery. Sometimes on boot up, sometimes at 70% battery, 50% and 30% etc. It never shuts down when plugged in to the outlet.

So naturally i assumed it was the battery and bought a genuine replacement. The problem continued so i bought another replacement battery 2 months later. Same problem. Randomly shuts down. Checked with the program batteryinfo view and it shows 0% wear level and its fully charged

At this point in beginning to think its no the battery and has to do with the circuit connecting the battery to the motherboard. (since this never happens when plugged in to the outlet)

So the question is if the problem is the circuits connecting the battery to the motherboard, is it even fixable? and is there any other reason why my laptop might be shutting down randomly? Already did multiple virus scans, checked CPU, GPU temps, cleaned inside with compressed air.

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
yea i checked the settings. all normal. After some reading i think i know what it is. I bought some cheaper batteries on ebay for $35. Decided to spend more money on a good battery for $100. i hope that will fix the problem!

computernewb

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
ok. the $100 battery doesnt have any problems. Never go cheap on laptop batteries. Bought "100% genuine" batteries on ebay and it was a lie. Didnt fit as well or work like the battery from the laptop manufacturer.