Laptop shuts off suddenly while playing games

Aug 31, 2018
My Compaq G50 shuts off all power suddenly within a minute or 2 of starting a game. I have it on a cooling pad and have removed the battery. Was having same issue a while back and found a web page that said to lower the power percentage on something but I forget to bookmark the page. Hoping you can help me. Also my laptop is clean inside so there is no dust build up.
Thanks

Solution

Actually you can't. Most modern Laptops require a battery to be plugged in no matter what, again it's to do with how the battery is also similar to a transformer, offering different voltages.
Most old laptops don't use the new/modern method.

So you either have a are modern laptop that lets you do that or an old one and your laptop is an old one.
Still it's not made for gaming really.

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Most laptops need their battery, not sure why you think removing it would benefit... something to allow air/less heat?
Also most laptops are really bad at gaming and overheat, cooling pad or not.
Run Afterburner and monitor TEMPS

ElectrO_90

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

Actually you can't. Most modern Laptops require a battery to be plugged in no matter what, again it's to do with how the battery is also similar to a transformer, offering different voltages.
Most old laptops don't use the new/modern method.

So you either have a are modern laptop that lets you do that or an old one and your laptop is an old one.
Still it's not made for gaming really.

Solution