Laptop - Sometimes screen goes black for second, as well as displaying red and green lines

Aug 13, 2018
Hello,

This is my first post and I am not particularly great with technology so I am sorry for any mistakes!

I have recently (April 2018) bought a laptop (ASUS FX503V, i5-7300HQ, 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, NVIA GeForce GTX 1050 4 GB RAM).
I know I could in the future put more RAM into it and a SSD, but I only use it for University and Sims 4, so realistically, that's probably not needed and so far it has been a wonderful laptop.

My issue it that, I have been trying to take really good care of it (constantly in a case, only on a vent; never on a bed etc.), but recently the screen is throwing a bit of a fuss.
Sometimes, for a second or so, the screen will suddenly go black, and then come back. Then it will show for less than a second green and red horizontal and vertical lines; off and on again. Once they appear on the screen they last less than a second. As soon as I turn the laptop it off and on, they're gone.

I was wondering if everyone know why it might do this?
I know I need to close the laptop properly with the Shut-Off button and not just put the top on and call it a day; so I am unsure if this might be affecting it as well. Overall, I don't remember dropping everything on it or putting anything heavier than my phone on it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! And again, sorry for any mistakes!

Solution
1| Make sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS update.
2| Uninstall and reinstall your GPU drivers.
3| Check to see what your resource usages are when you experience the issue.
4| Also make sure you're on the latest chipset drivers for the laptop.