Solved! Laptop sometimes turned off suddenly

Dec 22, 2019
I have a laptop (Asus a442u if you asking) it's not that old, maybe around 1.5 yr
So, my laptop sometimes turned off itself suddenly and making sound like you do hardware reboot. then my laptop keeps doing that again whenever I tried to turn it on again unless I plug the adapter again.
it only happened when it's not plugged in, but I'm sure it's not my battery fault, because when I plug it again, turn it on and unplugged it, my laptop will work normally again, and my battery can last until it's drained out. I suspecting this is a hardware fault, but I dunno which one is it.
For another information, my laptop internal clock will stay at the time when it's restarted. I'll provide you with another information if you need it

Solution
Assuming you're running Windows, in Control Panel>Device Manager the top two of the list refer to the battery and to Microsoft.

Sorry I can't be precise because I'm on a Linux box at this time of the day but those two entries need to be turned off under the Properties tab.

Restart the machine and they will probably appear again but this time, they might do their job properly.
Assuming you're running Windows, in Control Panel>Device Manager the top two of the list refer to the battery and to Microsoft.

Sorry I can't be precise because I'm on a Linux box at this time of the day but those two entries need to be turned off under the Properties tab.

Restart the machine and they will probably appear again but this time, they might do their job properly.

Solution
Dec 22, 2019

Yes, I'm running on windows 10. By "turning off" do you mean to disable it or uninstall it?
And there's 2 device driver under batteries device, it's
  1. Microsoft AC Adapter
  2. Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
But, I heard somewhere I shouldn't touch my Microsoft ac adapter driver because it won't allow me to start my laptop if I do that. Is it safe to uninstall it?
Thank you for your answer~

I've done it many times to a good outcome but you will have to plug your laptop into a mains power outlet before you restart the system.

When it comes back on, you need to go back to Device Manager to make sure the battery entries have reinstalled themselves and that's when you find it if this has made a difference.

Dec 22, 2019
I've done it many times to a good outcome but you will have to plug your laptop into a mains power outlet before you restart the system.

When it comes back on, you need to go back to Device Manager to make sure the battery entries have reinstalled themselves and that's when you find it if this has made a difference.
I've uninstalled them, restart the system and yeah, they reinstalled themselves. now I'll see if it's making a change or not by using my laptop without adapter plugged in