Laptop speakers making "raining" noise!

Francansine

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015
I have a ASUS laptop around 3 years old and a couple a days ago, out of the blue, while I was watching a youtube video, the speakers stop working and started to make this raining noise. I don't know what it is, I already recovered the laptop to factory conditions and upgraded all the sound drives software. But I still think its a software problem because nothing happened to the laptop in physical matters when it started malfunctioning and if I plug in headphones or my headset, the same thing happens. It reproduces around 2 seconds properly and them the raining sound starts and lasts around 5 seconds. If I play a song its the same but the raining noise lasts during the all song and continues for a short period after the song's finished. This applys to both scenarios, either I am wearing headphones/headset or just using the laptop speakers. Also if I let the laptop turned off for some hours when I turn it back on the sound works fine but only for as long as 10/15 minutes. If someone could help I would appreciate very much.

Solution
Hi,

The fact that you've already did a factory reset with the laptop and same problem persist I would say that's a hardware problem (the sound card). Factory reset should have resolved the issue right away if it was a software problem. The only solution would be to have it serviced for a sound card repair or if it's soldered in the motherboard that means it's a motherboard replacement.
Hi,

The fact that you've already did a factory reset with the laptop and same problem persist I would say that's a hardware problem (the sound card). Factory reset should have resolved the issue right away if it was a software problem. The only solution would be to have it serviced for a sound card repair or if it's soldered in the motherboard that means it's a motherboard replacement.

Solution

Francansine

Estimable
Dec 13, 2015

Thank you for your answer!