Laptop. SSD. Replacement

wmhendrsn

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
My Laptop is a HP 15-af173nr model. I want to replace it's current hard drive with a SSD for speed and fluidity purposes. Can you guys please tell what SSD and size is compatible with for it and also, will it make a difference. thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Splendid
2.5" form factor for your SSD. Drive thickness can be 7mm or 9.5mm, page 2 of product description in service manual. You can use any capacity you'd like however since your touch enabled laptop has one physical placement within the laptop. You could remove the Optical Drive and get a 9.5mm caddy and have the SSD there while you get a larger mechanical drive in the original HDD's location.

Lutfij

Splendid
2.5" form factor for your SSD. Drive thickness can be 7mm or 9.5mm, page 2 of product description in service manual. You can use any capacity you'd like however since your touch enabled laptop has one physical placement within the laptop. You could remove the Optical Drive and get a 9.5mm caddy and have the SSD there while you get a larger mechanical drive in the original HDD's location.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 5
C Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 3
A Laptop General Discussion 2