Question Laptop SSD Upgrade Shutdown/Restart Freezing

Nov 30, 2021
Hi all,

I have Lenovo Z570 model. I recently upgraded the harddisk to SSD and reinstalled fresh windows 10. The problem occurred at the time of shutdown/restart.

Symptons:

Shutdown/Restart Screen Freeze but the PC/fan stays on until hard shutdown.

Normal HDD is working fine. I tried updating the BIOS, it give BSOD. I feel the error is due to Windows. Currently using Win 10 whereas the BIOS update is for Win 7.

Any suggestion??

Nov 30, 2021
Last supported OS for that model is Win 8, so yes it can be due to you installing 10 on it. Use one of the operating system versions that drivers are available for since you are having issues.

But I am currently being using Windows 10 and its perfectly working fine. The issue only arise when upgrading the HDD to SSD.

Nov 30, 2021
Well I think you did not do the HDD to SSD update properly. Or may be because you not install the windows 10 properly.
So I will suggest you to check that you have done the HDD to SSD in properly and unintall the windows 10 and reinstall the windows 10 on your system
Try this and let me know if it work for you.
Hi,
When upgrading SSD, its new and blank so how can one uninstall the windows 10?
Also, as said the system hangs at shutdown or restart, but once restarted the system works fine with new SSD and new Windows..